CODE OF CONDUCT
WHEN PRACTICING OUR TRADITIONAL STYLE OF KARATE, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE VALUES OF RESPECT AND DISCIPLINE. YOU OUR STUDENT MUST ALSO HAVE AN APPRECIATION OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF OUR DOJO HERE AT NORTHERN SHUKOKAI KARATE.
01. On entering and leaving the tatami (dojo) you must always bow.
02. Smoking or swearing in the dojo will not be tolerated and is strictly forbidden at all times.
03. Students must keep their bodies and karate gi clean and nails must be kept short.
04. No jewellery is permitted to be worn during training.
05. No talking is permitted during the training session unless absolutely necessary.
06. Students must make every effort to attend class on time. Anyone who is late must execute a full kneeling bow and wait for the instructors acknowledgement.
07. Never lean against the walls or sprawl about the floor. Never stand with your hands on hips or arms crossed.
08. When asked to line out or called upon by an instructor, always run to position.
09. Any member wishing to leave the mat during training shall not do so until he/she receives the instructors permission.
10. Instructors shall never be called by their first names during class. Instructors shall be called "Sensei" during training sessions
11. When training with a partner both shall bow simultaneously before and after each session.
12. Any student disrupting the training class, will at the discretion of the instructor, be asked to leave the training area immediately.
13. Understand these dojo rules.
15. Enjoy your training.
Parents attending training should adhere to the following code of conduct.